It’s National S’mores Day
Summer is the season when many people turn their sights to the great outdoors and plan their family camping excursions — so it makes sense that National S’mores Day sweetens our calendar every August.
From restaurants to hotels, everyone will want s’more of what you’re cooking on National S’mores Day. Feeser’s can get you all the ingredients you need to celebrate this classic dessert.
When Is National S’mores Day?
S’mores are probably the most recognized campfire treats, featuring warm, gooey chocolate and a roasted marshmallow nestled between two graham crackers. National S’mores Day is every year on August 10.
Ways to Celebrate National S’mores Day
While no one knows who first came up with the idea, s’mores have been a summer staple since a camping guide published a recipe for them in a 1920s publication.
Bringing people around an open fire is just one way to celebrate National S’mores Day. Explore a few more ways your business or commercial kitchen can pay homage to this campfire delight:
- Host a s’mores celebration with an eclectic mix of toppings.
- Have a contest to see who can make the most imaginative s’mores creation.
- See who can stack the tallest s’mores.
- Create a s’mores-inspired dessert, like s’mores muffins, s’mores cheesecake or a s’mores ice cream sundae.
- Serve up a s’mores beverage, like a milkshake or cocktail.
Unique S’mores Recipes
While there’s some debate about how long to toast the ideal marshmallow, the end product is the same for every recipe — sticky fingers, huge smiles and happy bellies. Bring joy to your customers with these unique s’mores recipe ideas for your August 10 celebration.
While cooking marshmallows over an open flame is the traditional method, here’s a cooler twist on the campfire classic from our friends at Rich’s. S’mores cups are chilled treats that are served cool, making an excellent dessert.
- 4 oz. Rich’s Chocolate Dessert Whip
- 2 oz. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 oz. hot fudge
- 4 marshmallows per cup
Assemble enough cups or glasses for each of your guests. Pipe a thick layer of Chocolate Dessert Whip as a base in each cup. Top with a layer of graham cracker crumbs, then add a drizzle of hot fudge. Place marshmallows over the hot fudge and drizzle again with more fudge. Pipe on the remainder of the Chocolate Dessert Whip. Add graham cracker crumbs and finish with a drizzle of hot fudge on top.
Other Ways to Change up S’mores
The basic s’mores recipe has three classic ingredients — but if you’re so inclined, there are many ways to spice up your s’mores. Try these variations:
- Use an alternative chocolate option, like peanut butter cups, mint chocolate squares or chocolate chips.
- Add some fruit to the mix, like strawberries or raspberries.
- Try a different sandwich base, like Nutter Butters, Oreos, chocolate chip cookies or wafers.
- Make your s’mores a bit healthier using dark chocolate, sugar-free marshmallows and whole wheat graham crackers.
Get the Sweets Your Customers Love With Feeser’s
Now’s the time to plan your National S’mores Day event. Feeser’s can supply all the sticky, sweet and crumbly ingredients you need to make your celebration a success. We have the inside track on s’mores, as our headquarters are just a few miles away from the Sweetest Place on Earth® — home to the classic Hershey’s chocolate bar. We proudly service the entire mid-Atlantic region with a multitude of fresh, frozen and dry goods and brand-name ingredients.
From restaurants and schools to resorts and markets, Feeser’s gets you the foodstuff you need at a great cost. Reach out today to learn more.